August 6, 2015
I just finished up a sermon that Dave Ramsey talked at, and the sermon series was titled “Weird.” Now what Dave was their for was to talk about the money aspect of being “weird,” and talking about what “normal” people do and why that just isn’t working. Today’s society has so many things messed up, backwards, and just all around not working when it comes to money and how they handle their finances.
“Normal” in today’s society:
- Not having ANY plan with their money
- Living paycheck to paycheck
- Having a car payment
- Having credit cards (and having a lot of debt with them)
- For college students, having student loans
- Depending on Social Security for retirement
“Weird” in today’s society:
- Having a written budget
- Spending less than you make
- Having no car payment and no house payment
- Using cash to pay for EVERYTHING
- Working and saving to pay cash for your college tuition
- Building wealth yourself and retiring a wealthy person
It doesn’t take a genius to see the two list and to know which is better, its obvious. Now days people just want to take the easy way out and depend on others to take care of them. They want to say that its “impossible” to live without some of those things and they will never get ahead.
Money is not just a “you” thing, money is a God thing too. Let God help you and give you the direction you need to go. Anything and everything is possible with God and if you truly put forth the effort to change and make a difference in your life.
I love dealing with finances and budgets and I would be glad to help and answer any questions that you may have on the matter. Feel free to comment and I’ll get back with you.